Research Assistant, Governance and Economy
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. It would like to hire a Research Assistant for the Governance & Economy Department. This individual will report to the IPS Senior Research Fellow who manages the Governance & Economy department. The Research Assistant will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking. This is a 2-year contract.
- Tracking research developments
- Writing papers and reports
- Assisting in book and research projects
- Conducting data collection and analysis
- Outlining presentations
- Undertaking administrative duties such as correspondence and filing related to research projects
- Have strong English communication and analytical skills, with an ability to write in a clear and engaging manner;
- Have initiative and familiarity with the process of information gathering;
- Have commitment to meeting tight deadlines and have a track record of producing work that reflects a maturity of thought;
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree with Honours in a relevant social science discipline from a reputable university.
The Research Assistant will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking. They must have good writing and analytical skills and be a good team player. Knowledge and practical experience of statistical analysis would be advantageous. This job will be good grounding for a fresh graduate or an individual with limited working experience, who is seeking to develop a career in the fields of public policy or social science research whether in academia, the public service or the private sector.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume and two samples of your best written work to:
Mr Christopher Gee
Head, Governance & Economy and Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Policy Studies
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
National University of Singapore
1C Cluny Road House 5
DID +65 6601 1418
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary, expected salary and reasons for leaving your last/current position. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)