Vice-Principal (Parental leave cover)
The Department and role purpose
To support a period of parental leave, the fixed-term post holder will be involved in a wide range of activities aimed at furthering the College and University strategy, especially in relation to student enrichment, college life, communications and future development programmes including Castle 950 and the Castle Lecture Series. The Vice-Principal will manage the College Office team, and work closely with the Operations, Catering, Finance, and Curatorial and Visitor teams in Castle. There will be a full handover between the Vice-Principal before and after parental leave.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office. Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and a track record of achievement in a recognised academic or comparable field.
- Knowledge and expertise in student development and support.
- Experience of providing specialist advice and guidance to a range of customers and colleagues, including students and more senior colleagues.
- Ability to contribute to planning at operational and strategic levels.
- Willingness to undertake continuing professional development in the field of student development and support.
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring compliance with regulatory and organisational policy and guidelines.
- Experience of being able to network effectively and develop strong and productive working relationships, to influence perceptions of the University.
- A good understanding of higher education in the UK and an appreciation of the role of colleges in a collegiate University.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment and an understanding of needs of students from minority groups.