Associate Professor, Epidemiology
The National University of Singapore which is the top ranked university in Asia is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). All positions are tenure-track appointment (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In additional to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members are eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation, subject to prevailing terms and conditions.
Researchers in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Epidemiological research with a focus on molecular epidemiology, nutritional epidemiology, social epidemiology or behavioral epidemiology.
- Epidemiological research on obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Epidemiological research on cancer and non-communicable diseases.
Required qualifications are:
- an earned doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
- a strong track record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- ability to contribute to courses relevant to epidemiology and public health
Research responsibilities include developing and establishing collaborative research proposals with NUS faculty for extramural funding. SSHSPH has several large-scale cohort studies including the Singapore Chinese Health Study and the Multi Ethnic Cohort Study. Applicants are expected to contribute to the development and use of these cohort studies and/or to conduct translational epidemiological research that informs the development of public health interventions.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and teaching of courses in epidemiology and other areas of public health and the supervision of graduate students.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contact details of 3 references.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.