Research Assistant, Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research
This is a 1-year contract position, subject to renewal.
Prof Bernard Yeung, Professor in Department of Finance, NUS Business School and President of ABFER and is hiring a research assistant. We would like to invite a bachelor’s degree or Masters’ degree holder to join us as research assistant to support on Prof Yeung’s research projects and ABFER’s research related events.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Data searching and crawling from the internet
- Data collection in external databases and online environments
- Cleaning and merging datasets (e.g. using SAS, STATA, R, Python or Matlab)
- Assist in looking up and collating of research papers
- Coordinate in the publication of research digests and/or books
- Assist in ABFER’s webinars and events
- Assist in compiling data for ABFER Annual Conference and research related events.
- Other administrative duties include but are not limited to checking references, formatting manuscripts, preparing statistical tables and figures, compiling indexes and cataloging.
The stipulated working hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Telecommuting will be the default mode of working during the period of gradual resumption of operations at NUS. In the future, the candidate is expected to be physically present in NUS office during the stipulated working hours.
The earliest start date of the appointment is September 2021. Appointments will be on a term-contract of one year, and renewable when necessary. Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, track record and experience. (Monthly Salary Range: S$2,800 to S$3,900)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae with complete contact information and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your email with subject: Research Assistant (ABFER).
Should you be shortlisted, an administrator will be contacting you directly for an interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters’ degree in finance and/or economic related field.
- Mastery of excel and word
- Good proficiency in statistical software like SAS, STATA, R, Python or Matlab.
- Responsible and detail oriented
- Independent, self-starter with initiative and commitment
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Business
Department: Dean's Office (BIZ)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 7542