Research Assistant, CHILD
The Centre for Holistic Initiatives for Learning and Development or CHILD was established under the umbrella of the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS Medicine) with the Lien Foundation. In collaboration with other partners such as the Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) and A*STAR’s Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS), CHILD brings together experts in the field of translational research, child development, and implementation science to help give children the best start to life.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant to join CHILD and work on projects in the area of child metabolic health and development.
The successful candidate will provide research and administrative support to new and ongoing studies and will:
- Analyse and present quantitative data from longitudinal cohorts
- Lead data collection, management, analysis and day-to-day administration of new research projects
- Assist in ethics approvals to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations
- Contribute to research publications, book chapters and reviews
- Contribute to discussions and wider project planning, including ideas for new research projects
- Contribute to the design of research materials
- Represent the research group at external meetings, either with other members of the group or alone
- Coordinate meetings and events and assist in centre-related activities
- A good Bachelor’s in relevant disciplines (e.g. Psychology, Behavioural Science, Nutrition)
- Keen interest in the area of behavioural nutrition and/or child development
- Proficient in the use of statistic software such as SPSS, R or others
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated problem-solver, with creative mindset
- A team player with an ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience within an academic or healthcare setting is advantageous
- Fresh graduates with a relevant Master’s degree will be considered.
- Experience of contributing to research publications is advantageous
For more information about the position, potential applicants are encouraged to contact Dr Anna Fogel (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with any questions.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8277