Pro Bono Coordinator
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
- We are seeking a highly motivated, organised individual with an interest in the legal profession and Pro Bono sector to act as an administrative coordinator and to help develop the BPP University Pro Bono Centre.
- The successful candidate will act as a first point of contact for student Pro Bono queries, and assist students in applying for and obtaining appropriate Pro Bono experience to improve their employability.
- They will provide administrative support for the wider Pro Bono team, including managing the Pro Bono Centre inbox and telephone line and maintaining the Pro Bono website, marketing materials and social media presence.
- They will also manage their own Pro Bono projects, including recruiting, training, and managing student volunteers, and provide regular administrative support for the Legal Advice Clinics.
Occasional evening work will be required with time off in lieu. Hybrid working pattern, 50% working from home and 50% London Holborn office.
- To act as a first point of contact for new Pro Bono clients, answering queries via email and telephone, and to provide referrals to clients with queries outside of scope.
- To act as a first point of contact for current and prospective BPP students regarding participation in Pro Bono projects, answering queries by email and telephone.
- To maintain and update the Pro Bono section of the Careers and Pro Bono website, including adding and removing sections, labels and widgets when required.
- To advertise internal and external Pro Bono projects and events.
- To maintain and update Pro Bono social media pages and responding to social media queries.
- To manage, recruit and train students for the Legal Translation Service and fund-raising projects.
- To provide administrative support to the Legal Clinic teams, including support in arranging appointments, sending out appointment letters, and setting up conference calls when required.
- To send out letters of advice to clients using our case management system and to obtain feedback using our online feedback portal.
- To perform conflict checks and to send out acceptance and rejection emails.
- To create and update marketing materials such as posters for new projects and events.
- To create and update application and feedback forms for new projects.
- To create Pro Bono Certificates and represent the Pro Bono Centre at law fairs and virtual open evenings.
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, London, London Holborn
- Strong commitment to the Pro Bono ethic and access to justice
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Experience of working in Higher Education
Contract Hours 37.50