Lecturer in Health, Further Education
Salary: £31,406 - £38,587 p.a. with opportunity to progress to £42,149
Contract Type: Full and part-time contracts considered
Closing Date: 24-01-2022 12 Midday
Due to the growth of the Further Education (FE) programmes across the Department of Health at UCB, an exciting opportunity exists to join our multi-professional, innovative and forward-thinking team as a Lecturer in Health (Further Education).
We are looking for colleagues who share our enthusiasm for learning and teaching, and who are committed to developing and supporting learners working towards progression into Higher Education.
Working with the Programme Lead for FE provision, the successful applicant will:
- Teach and assess learners on existing and new FE programmes in Health, including Access to Higher Education and T-levels.
- Provide specialist input to ensure that Social Science and/or Health principles are embedded across the curricula.
- Provide outstanding pastoral support.
Essential requirements for the role include:
- Experience of FE teaching or experience as an Educator.
- Relevant prior work experience in the Health sector.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline.
Please indicate within your application, experience within the following subject areas:
- Biological Sciences
- Health related topics
- Academic Skills
UCB is committed to providing professional development opportunities and will support the completion of a recognised teaching qualification, if not already held.
Applications for full and part-time contracts will be considered. Please state any preference clearly within your application.
Closing date: Monday 24 January 2022 at midday
- 50 days’ paid leave per year (38 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Teacher’s pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Unless stated otherwise, all roles at UCB will be based on-site at one of our Birmingham City Centre campus buildings. This is a not a remote role.