Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering and Design Subject Group
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering and Design Subject Group, Full Time, Permanent
The School of Engineering and the Built Environment (SEBE) is delighted to offer a new Lecturer post in Mechanical Engineering and Design Subject Group. SEBE offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes widely recognised for their academic quality, innovation and close ties to the industries in which our graduates work. Mechanical Engineering is one of the School's largest undergraduate programmes. We are currently undertaking a review of all of our activities, so now is a great time to join and help shape our school's future.
Mechanical Engineering and Design (MED) subject Group has a strong background in energy, materials, manufacturing, design, automation and robotics, mainly how they can be used to meet the goals of Industry 4.0. Our programmes are accredited by the relevant professional body, including the IET, IoM3 and Energy Institute.
Within this role, you will be lecturing in MED in one or more subject areas on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, designing and delivering teaching and student-centred learning underpinned by academic scholarship and professional practice. You will also be required to conduct individual and collaborative research projects, contributing to SEBE's research profile, leading to the production of high-quality research outputs/outcomes.
Please note that you will be required to work overseas and to contribute to the international academic reputation of Edinburgh Napier University. The successful candidate shall be expected to assist in developing our expanding portfolio of programmes and contribute to the growing international standing of our research. You will be expected to either continue with an established research topic compatible with the School's interests or launch new projects in collaboration with School/University colleagues.
- A doctoral-level qualification or equivalent
- An established record of accomplishment in a research area closely related (publications at REF 3* level)
- Experience in teaching and developing programme content in that area and of delivering excellent teaching in an engaging way
- Experience in improving the effectiveness of the teams you have worked within
- Evidence of excellent communication at all levels
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate programme leadership
- Maintain national and international networks in industry and academia related to your area of expertise
- Research and teaching experience in Materials Engineering in particular composite materials and nanocellulose
- HEA membership or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a minimum of 46 days annual leave (including bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Salary: £40,927 to £50,296 per annum (Grade 6)
Further information about our benefits can be found here
Application closing date: 2nd February 2022 @11:59pm
Interviews will be held from 10th February 2022
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. For information see here.