Marketing Lead - Student Events
Marketing Lead - Student Events
The World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
We are looking for an experienced event professional to join THE’s new student marketing team, working exclusively on a new virtual programme.
Reporting into the CMO, it is a great opportunity to scope, design and deliver a new digital event offering. The successful candidate will be is responsible for the management and logistics of 3+ virtual events & 20+ webinars a year, from planning, execution, follow up and data analysis.
Leveraging the data to continually improve the program and empower sales opportunities for the wider business.
- Work with the wider events team to deliver at least 3+ virtual events, and 20+ webinars per year
- Create, manage, and drive project timelines; ensure deliverables and milestones are met
- Coordinate with all point of contact persons to manage the delivery of key event related elements
- Promote the programme across all digital channels and through 3rd parties
- Project manage each event from planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery. Taking end-to-end ownership of the student events programme
- Provide updates to the Sales and Customer Success teams about upcoming events, stats and new sales leads
- Manage relevant event documents and user databases for speakers, delegates and partners
- Create blogs, video clips and imagery to promote virtual events and manage the event landing pages
- Assist in the technical support required for the delivery of the virtual events
- Ensure all links and video clips play properly and align with system requirements alongside polls or customer experience initiatives
- Brief presenters and validate running order with stakeholders. Managing rehearsals/dry runs with presenters prior to the virtual event to ensure smooth execution
- Address technical issues from the presenters around the platform requirements – screensharing requirements, connectivity and sound
- Lead post event reviews and provide summaries for internal teams focused on improving the speaker and delegate experience
- 5+ years experience or equivalent in running best in class physical and virtual events
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. communications, marketing, IT)
- Be a team player with the confidence to work with a host of internal and external stakeholders and take the lead to guide agency relationships and other employees when necessary
- Be an expert in Google Analytics and common virtual event platforms, and tools such as Mailchimp and HubSpot as well as social media management.
- Direct Higher Education or student marketing experience
- Language skills, ideally: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Hindi
- Seniority Level
- Industry - Higher Education
- Employment Type - Full-time
Apply for Marketing Lead - Student Events
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly