Rural Pharmacy Liaison
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Multiple Locations
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Part time - 17% super
Salary: Level A: $75,289 - $102,163 p.a. or Level B: $107,547 - $127,707 p.a. (pro rata for part time)
Please note this position is based in rural Victoria at either our Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo or Wangaratta campus. This is a part-time role 1-2 days per week.
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Department of Rural Health
The Department of Rural Health is a department within the Melbourne Medical School at the University of Melbourne. The Department is based in Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo (in partnership with Monash University and La Trobe University) and Wangaratta and has associations with more than 40 smaller rural towns in Victoria.
The key purpose of the Department is to provide professional health education and research training in a rural context with an aim to increase the rural health workforce. The Department works closely with the local community and healthcare partners to ensure that we remain relevant and connected. Our partnerships underpin our teaching and research.
About the Role
This role provides an opportunity for a rural pharmacist to work within a university to facilitate student placements and support workforce development. A rural pharmacist with commitment to education and professional development can creatively shape the role to support pharmacists and pharmacy students in northern Victoria.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Source student placements in hospital and community settings in northern Victoria
- Work with the Going Rural Health team, support and educate supervisors of these student placements
- Evaluate programs associated with the Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer program and use this to enhance the Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer program
- Collaborate with the Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer at Monash University to implement the RPLO program
- Provide regular reports on the Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer program to the UDRH Director bi-annually for reporting
The successful applicant be a pharmacist with strong networks and commitment to education and professional development. They will seek new opportunities, like to learn and collaborate, and understand rural workforce issues.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy and registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Experience of evidence-based practice
- The ability to develop innovative programs in rural settings
- An understanding of rural pharmacy issues
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: 0054835 PD Rural Pharmacy Liasion.pdf
Applications close: 31 Jan 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time