Postdoctoral Position in Regulation of Gene Expression and Molecular Carcinogenesis Group
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
A highly motivated candidate is invited to join a research group of Dr. Dalibor Blazek as a postdoctoral researcher. Our research team is dedicated to understand roles of CDK12, CDK11 and other transcriptional kinases in regulation of gene expression and their targeting in human disease, particularly cancer. Our laboratory at CEITEC is international and has numerous collaborations including top bioinformaticians, medicinal chemists and an innovative biotech company. The post-holder will integrate biochemistry and molecular biochemistry approaches, particularly genomics and proteomics together with bioinformatics analyses to address basic biological questions. We are particularly interested in individual with a strong expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry and expertise/interest in genome-wide bioinformatics analyses.
Lab homepage: http://www2.ceitec.muni.cz/blazek-lab/
Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
Prospective candidates should fulfill the following criteria
- candidates who hold PhD degree (or are close to its completion) in life-sciences (molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related fields)
- Research experience in the fields of gene expression (transcription, mRNA-processing, RNA biology) or related fields
- Experience in using standard molecular biology/biochemistry methods including cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression and purification, PCR, molecular cloning etc.
- Experience in a subset of the following techniques (RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, iCLIP-seq, 4SU-seq (or other nascent RNA methods), CRISPR-Cas) and others is highly desirable.
- Outstanding academic track record including publications in quality peer-reviewed journals
- Be active in development of the project, ability to work individually and also in a team as needed
- Effective communication skills and enthusiasm for science
What we offer?
- Work on crucial biological questions with biomedical relevance
- Creative, positive and challenging work environment
- Interdisciplinary learning experience
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package (6 weeks of paid holiday, meal tickets, MU canteens, retirement contribution)
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
How to apply
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including:
- description of previous experiences
- technical skills
- at least two references
to Dalibor Blazek via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Received applications will be continuously reviewed and carefully considered and shortlisted candidates meeting the requirements will be invited to an interview.
The call is open until the position is filled.