Postdoc Position in Oncogene-Driven Signalling in Melanoma
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, invites excellent scientists to apply for Postdoc position in Oncogene-driven Signalling in Melanoma
A postdoctoral position is available at the Department of Biology in the Group of Stjepan Uldrijan to study molecular mechanisms linking cell energy metabolism to signalling pathways driving cancer cell growth. We have recently identified new molecular links between metabolic stress and the ERK MAPK signalling pathway in malignant melanoma cells bearing NRAS and BRAF oncogenic mutations (Verlande et al. 2018, EMBO Rep. 19:320-336). We seek an enthusiastic, highly motivated, open-minded scientist to join our team to unravel the molecular mechanisms regulating oncogenic MAPK signalling in metabolically stressed melanoma cells.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years;
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad;
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in a Q1 Journal) registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science.
- must have extensive research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or biochemistry with a proven track record;
- should have experience with research projects in the field of ERK, AMPK, or mTOR signalling (an advantage). Prior practical experience with confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, and the Seahorse XF Technology is also an advantage;
- must have excellent English communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
The applicant shall submit:
- a CV including a list of publication activity;
- a motivation letter, including the description of the past research focus and achievements, and applicant‘s motivation for choosing the currently offered research topic.
- contact information of at least two references (name, position, telephone number);
- a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions);
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area;
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment;
- initial appointment for 2 years;
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment;
- full support of the administrative and project offices;
- support of the Welcome office for the successful applicant and his/her family.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2022
The submission deadline is 28. February 2022
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, please contact Martina Vráblíková at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about: