IS Senior Manager (IS Solutions Designer)
The Department and role purpose:
The Computing and Information Services (CIS) has an annual operational budget in the order of £10m, multi-million pound programmes of change within year, and approximately 165 staff. The Senior Leadership Team report directly to the Chief Information Officer with the following portfolios: Strategy and Change; Operations; and Information Systems. CIS provide academic, teaching and administrative services across the organisation that underpin the day-to-day activities of the whole organisation.
Recent infrastructure improvements include investment in a new network backbone, including new cable runs throughout the city to all of the Universities core buildings, network virtualisation, new scalable user facing storage, and a new hosting environment. Corresponding business led investment also continues to be made with a new web programme, training platform, student relationship management system, investment in research administration, and maximising the breadth of opportunities available to the University through Office365, alongside numerous other important initiatives. Investment is aligned to the University's Digital strategy which seeks to provide a clear vision for how digital services can be an enabler to the overall University strategy and objectives.
CIS is a friendly, but demanding department, where much is expected and can be achieved by competent, self-motivated individuals who are demonstrable in their team work ability.
The IS Solutions Designer role is designed to support delivery of complex projects and activities, ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented to agreed architectural principles and standards. This will be achieved by working closely with Architecture and Security teams as well as product leads in Information Systems and Technical Operations.
- Provide expert professional subject expertise and problem-solving skills.
- Act as recognised practitioner within own specialist area or discipline, shaping activities, processes and systems.
- Responsible for activity across different areas.
- Oversight of short term or temporary project teams/strands, taking responsibility for decision making as appropriate.
- Engage with key stakeholders and internal and external contractors to influence opinion, delivery and reputation of services.
- Act as specialist point of contact dealing with complexity of data and information sources, interpretation and analysis.
- Significant input into the scoping and resource planning across a range of activities at operational and possibly strategic level.
- Carry out project scoping, initiation, planning and implementation for large scale/University wide initiatives.
- Responsible for shaping the development and learning of others outside of team, through the design and delivery of training sessions.
- Lead on the design, implementation and monitoring of policy and quality standards, procedures and systems ensuring effective working and continuous improvement.
- Promote and develop a deep understanding of organisational policy and external developments,
- Promote the improvement and efficiency of departmental services by implementing and managing review and improvement procedures,
- Ensure all activities, processes and transactions are accounted for accurately and promptly to meet regulatory and professional service and policy standards
- Implement processes to manage the integrity and security of all commercially and professionally sensitive and personal data.
- Lead internal business meetings, working groups and sub-committees at operational service level to influence governance, organisational policy and standards for the service.