Postdoctoral Fellow, Astronomy/Physics
Yale-NUS College is a highly selective liberal arts and science college in Singapore. Co-founded by Yale University and the National University of Singapore, the College is committed to excellence in research and teaching in a full residential programme that integrates living and learning. Its curriculum educates students in Asian and Western intellectual traditions as well as current scientific thought. A student body of 1000 undergraduates from over 70 countries engages with 100 outstanding faculty from around the world through small classes and hands-on research. Students and faculty also have access to the wider resources of two world-leading research universities.
Dr. Chelsea Sharon is seeking a candidate to perform the following duties and responsibilites:
- Perform research under the supervision of Prof. Sharon on the topic of star formation in high-redshift galaxies.
- Calibration and data reduction of radio interferometric data from the VLA, ALMA, and/or other radio telescopes.
- Calibration and cross-comparisons between HST data and other multi-wavelength datasets.
- Construction of best-fit gravitational lens models and source-plane image reconstructions for strongly lensed galaxies.
- Coding analysis routines as necessary.
- Writing observing proposals to obtain additional data as necessary.
- Writing results for publication in peer-reviewed astronomy journals.
- Presentation of results at international conferences.
- Jointly supervising undergraduates in research.
- PhD in astronomy, physics, or related subject by the start of the appointment.
- Experience working with at least one of gravitational lens modelling, radio/millimeter interferometric data, and/or HST observations (more than one is preferred).
- Knowledge related to galaxy evolution and the interstellar medium preferred, but not required.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yale-NUS College
Department : Division of Science