Research Associate/Research Fellow, AI Research Scientist, for AI Singapore
AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The programme office is hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and brings together all Singapore-based research institutions and the vibrant ecosystem of AI start-ups and companies developing AI products to perform use-inspired research, grow the knowledge, create the tools, and develop the talent to power Singapore's AI efforts.
As part of the AI Research Pillar, you will be involved in: -
- Creating and maintaining the landscape of the whole of Singapore’s AI capabilities.
- Study AI research directions around the world, in both academia and industry.
- Be the bridge between AISG Pillars (AI Research, AI Technology, AI Industry Innovation and AI Makerspace), in terms of determining strategic research directions for AISG.
- Align AISG research and development roadmap and capabilitybuilding plans with Singapore’s National AI Strategy. As an AI research scientist, you will: -
- Conduct desk research to identify and propose fundamental research areas of significant impact and priority.
- Assist the Chief Scientist and Deputy Director in shaping of the grant call.
- Perform the first evaluation of the grant proposal submissions.
- Have the opportunity to engage in some of such state-of-the-art research, publish your work at scholarly venues, and contribute to the development of open source systems.
- A Masters / doctoral degree in AI, machine learning, computer science, or directly related disciplines, Candidates who contributed and published in top AI conference/journal publications would be strongly preferred.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree in AI, machine learning, computer science, or highly related disciplines would be considered for applicants aspiring to pusue a Ph.D. in AI.
- Extensive AI expertise, with a good understanding of core AI technical areas (featured across AI conferences) are preferred.
- Excellent communications skills in both written and verbal English.
- Strong system-building and management skills and keen interests in working with emerging technologies and frameworks.
- An adventurous spirit and willingness to learn new ideas and new domains.
- Able to work closely with the grant administrators in refining the technical grant calls.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Deputy President(Res&Tech)
Department : AI Singapore