Research Fellow, Food Science and Technology
5 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Professor Zhou Weibiao on extrusion and texturisation of alternative proteins under a project on Urban Microalgae-Based Protein Production
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Assessment of protein stability and identification of protein denaturation temperatures by a variety of instrumental analysis methods, under extrusion condition.
- Nutritional, structural and textural analysis of high-moisture meat analogues produced by extrusion processing.
- Computer modeling of oral processing and validation
- Assisting supervision of final year projects as well as MSc and PhD projects.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering or a closely related field from an internationally reputable university.
- Strong wet laboratory and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability of independent researcher
- Good team player
- Good scientific writing skills
- Scientific publications in top journals in the relevant fields
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate student projects
- Working experience in a cross-disciplinary team
Desirable but not essential
- Extrusion of food materials
- Protein research
- Food structure research
- Oral processing research
- CFD modelling of food processing
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Food Science & Technology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8888