Adjunct Lecturer, Applied Programming for Industrial Systems
The Department of Industrial Systems Engineering & Management is looking for industry professionals with deep experiences in Applied Programming to impart their knowledge and expertise to our undergraduate and post graduate students.
We are looking for passionate individuals to train the future generations of engineers and must be conversant in teaching the following topics:
- Python programming language through a rigorous and continuous exercise-based approach.
- Fundamental programming concepts (IO, variables and value assignment, conditional statements, flow control, methods).
- Data structures (lists, tuples, sets, dictionaries).
- Objects and classes, recursion, code debugging and efficiency.
- Emphasize on various data engineering tools from the NumPy and Pandas modules relevant to implementing industrial systems.
Other than lectures, you may be required to conduct tutorials and practicums in full-time and part-time courses.
Interested applicants are to submit their full CV with a cover letter detailing their suitability in the teaching position applied.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for a preliminary interview.
- PhD Degree from a reputable university in the relevant fields
- Applicants without a PhD Degree may be considered on a case by case basis based on their Masters Degree and working experience.
- At least 5 recent years of relevant industry experience.
- Teaching experiences in institutions of higher learning are preferred.
- Passionate in teaching and mentoring students.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8606