Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
The successful candidate will work with Assoc Prof Cynthia He on a research project on flagellum biogenesis funded by Ministry of Education Tier 2 grant.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Plan and ensure that the overall research/administrative/biosafety needs of the lab are met.
- Acquire goods and services (e.g., equipment, reagents, consumables, maintenance/repair) required for the lab, ensure prompt delivery and payment.
- Maintain inventory of all lab consumables, equipment, services and reagents
- Oversee laboratory standard operating procedures and safety
- Provide research support to projects encompassing molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- Highly motivated individual with an inquisitive mind
- Able to work independently, is proactive with taking initiative
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Previous managerial and/or research experience in molecular biology/cell biology/biochemistry will be desirable.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biological Sciences
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8909