Research Engineer, System Integration/Electromechanical
Your daily schedule will include frequent interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary team.
- You are comfortable working at sea trials and pool tests, instead of a normal cubicle in office.
The scope for this position is in system integration development for a Hover Capable Autonomous Underwater Vehicle in SS3 - SS4 swell conditions and currents of up to 4 knots for stability in offshore conditions. You will be integrating sensors and intervention tooling for a hover capable AUV to conduct Inspect Repair and Maintenance work on offshore structures. You will be required to interface with the other intervention, perception and remote operations groups and testbed the technology at the Technology Centre for Offshore Marine Singapore (TCOMS) ocean basin and in the open waters and fast currents of Singapore.
The role will entail the following job scope:
- Manage various sub-system requirements from stakeholders of the programme.
- Integrate various sub-system components in the AUV
- Design Electromechanical interfaces for manipulator to an AUV
- Design new generation light intervention tooling for AUV (Not Remotely Operated Vehicles)
- Manage electrical power budget and mechanical weight distributions.
- Project management for overall project milestones
- Bachelors in Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering (Robotics Equivalent)
- Research or industry experience developing hardware for complex robotic systems
- Experience with electromechanism design and development
- Experience with system integration of complex designs
- Experience with sensor and actuator interfacing and microcontroller interfacing development
- Experience with Design for manufacturing processes
- Experience with Computer Aided Design Software (Solidworks, CATIA etc)
- Familiarity with 2D drawings
- Any Experience with Robot Operating System framework is a bonus
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8914