Research Assistant, Diabetic Kidney Disease Biomarker Study
6 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant (Diabetic Kidney Disease Biomarker Study) in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Our division has a variety of projects ranging from translational studies to clinical trials. These include evaluation of blood/urinary biomarkers in patients with chronic kidney disease, diabetic kidney disease, acute kidney injury and various types of glomerular diseases. Appointments will be made on a 6-12 month contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the study on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis, processing of blood and urine samples, as well as bench work including western blot assays and ultracentrifugation processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and clinic staff;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at NUH;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain databases (study and biopsy registry), as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures, including investigator’s file
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
- Perform basic bench techniques including aliquoting, ultracentrifugation or western blot assay
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree with good results or holds a Bachelor degree in nursing/medicine/basic sciences or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel RedCap
- be well versed in English language
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8919