Senior Lecturer / Lecturer, School of Arts and Social Sciences
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Arts and Social Sciences for the following post(s):
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer (Ref: 21002CT)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching) of social sciences courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- assuming a key role in the development of courses of University Core and purposely-designed General Education;
- participating in scholarly activities, School/University activities and administration; and
- performing any other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- a higher degree, preferably an earned doctorate, in social sciences or a related discipline;
- prior knowledge about the Hong Kong education sector and good academic and professional network
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- relevant teaching experience in higher education institutions will be a definite advantage.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System. https://hkmu.taleo.net/careersection/ex_non_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=21002CT
Closing date of application: 23 January 2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.