Research Assistant, Computer Science
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant in the Department of Computer Science, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Searching for fundamental results and insights, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the well-being of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for working closely with the Principal Investigator on a specific project in sequential/active machine learning, chosen from or related to one of the following:
- Bayesian optimisation and bandit algorithms
- Theory of reinforcement learning
- Safety and robustness considerations in sequential/active learning problems
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Computer Science
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11007
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics, or a closely related area;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in projects using machine learning, ideally including sequential/active aspects.