Research Assistant/Associate, Data officer
This position is responsible for the Memory Aging and Cognition Centre (MACC) database management, supporting the research communities inside and outside NUS that use the MACC database.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Database organization related matters:
- Maintaining and expanding the MACC central database
- Monitoring data entry and conducting checks to maintain a clean and updated central database in a timely manner
- Providing data dictionary/instruction for researchers’ reference together with PI and Co-Is
- Data correction following instructions of PI and Co-Is
- Routine and comprehensive data backup to improve data safety
- Data governance guidelines based on university/institution policy updates
- Work with program teams to develop project plans which include requirements, scope, deliverables, budget and schedules.
- Oversee and plan project demands, proof-of-concept/value initiatives with stakeholders.
- Determine project goals to ensure the project supports business objectives and strategies
- Single-Point-of-Contact for program teams and stakeholders for the projects.
- Identify and propose solutions that will help mitigate security vulnerabilities of the project.
- Provide software development support when needed.
- Present project updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Database sharing related matters:
- Checking the credentials of requestors
- Upon data request approval, extracting and releasing requested data to the requestor
- Creating a log system, keeping track of data requests, project progress, and other relevant information
- Updating derived data from researchers in the central database following instructions of PI and Co-Is
- Publication related matters:
- Providing a template of acknowledgement and database description for researchers to add in manuscripts
- Tracking and updating MACC publication information
- Other duties as assigned by the PI including advice and execution of IT related needs and solutions for the MACC