Maps the capability needs of the charity sector, devise suitable consulting projects and training to bridge the gaps with appropriate student resource and expertise.
- Conduct thorough desk research on trends and priorities in the non-profit ecosystem;
- Identify prospective partners as collaborators on data sharing such as in areas like fundraising and social impact assessment;
- Study and map the developmental needs of charities in fundraising (online and physical) and highlight opportunities for student consulting and synergies with Inte-Co's mandate;
- Liaise with charities for consulting projects from identification, design to proposal development.
Project Development & Scoping
- Negotiate and establish collaboration agreement with stakeholders on data sharing;
- Work closely with faculty on research projects where relevant;
- Assess the scope and depth of consulting projects and the necessary pre-engagement training;
- Write consulting proposals, including scoping the skills and resource requirements(including students);
- Source and apply for grants or funding for consulting projects, where applicable.
Project Execution & Monitoring
- Recruit, assess and schedule students to consult projects;
- Oversee project progress and assure the quality of project deliverables;
- Visit charities onsite to review projects, deliverables and impact;
- Identify areas of need and support capability building efforts for charities, including planning and designing executive training;
- Submit final report on project conclusion and identify key priority areas based on sector needs, challenges and issues.
- A postgraduate degree is required from a reputable university; a degree in Social Science will be advantageous.
- Preferably 4 to 6 years of related work experience. Senior candidates with proven track records will be considered too. Preference will be given to candidates who have held administrative research positions in a large organisation's central office.
- Proven leadership skills to inspire and engage multiple stakeholders at all levels, functioning effectively in a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Good understanding of the research environment; resilient and resourceful with good problem-solving and critical thinking skills to achieve research objectives.
- Adhere to a high standard of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong project management and organisation skills.
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting of research output, financial projection and budgeting. Familiarity with R programming software and MySQL is preferred.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.