Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Education
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
College of Education, Zhejiang University
The College of Education (see college website here) at Zhejiang University is one of the leading research institutions in China. It consists of the Department of Education, the Department of Physical Education, the Department of Curriculum and Learning Sciences, the Institute of Educational Leadership & Policy, the Modern Educational Technology Center, the Division of Military Education and other institutions. The mission of the College is to nurture future leaders with international perspectives, innovative spirit and comprehensive capabilities in the field of Education, Sports Science, and Psychology. It offers excellent programs at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels to prepare students in related areas. With a faculty capable of excellent research, the college has been undertaking projects to address theoretical and practical issues.
The college places great importance on international collaboration. The College holds several International cooperative platforms including Associated Centre for UNESCO-Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development, the secretariat of Global University Network for Innovation-Asia Pacific, UNESCO Chair of Entrepreneurship Education at Zhejiang University, and UNESCO Entrepreneurship Education Net National Chapter in China. Furthermore, the college has cooperative relationships with many institutions around the world.
Zhejiang University “New Hundred Talents Program”
The newly launched “New Hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “Hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields.
- The one who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching and fulfill the teaching requirements of the relevant school or department.
- The one who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, implement new developments in the academic discipline, make influential achievements in relevant fields, enhance his/her own international academic influence, and be an internationally active academic member.
- The one who holds this position should facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, build an international reputation, and strive to become a leading personality in the academic discipline.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university and should have reached the level of assistant or associate professor (or an equivalent title) at an internationally prominent university.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills. At the same time, he or she should have the ability to conduct research independently.
- The applicant should be a top-notch talent among his or her peers and have the potential to become a leader in the field.
- The applicant should work full-time at ZJU.
- ZJU will provide competitive compensation, including a housing allowance.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Young Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students.
- Those qualifying for the talent program may rent a faculty apartment during employment, and after receiving tenure, they have the opportunity to apply for the purchase of an apartment designated for those with “talent” status.
- After the application is approved, a research fund will be provided by ZJU, the particular amount of which is to determined according to discipline.
- ZJU will provide a one-time relocation fee and actively recommend and assist qualified faculty in applying for national, provincial and ministerial-level youth talent programs or projects.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit your applications electronically to the contact person. Applicants should include the following materials in PDF format: a comprehensive CV, a statement of research goals and a teaching plan, the full texts of 3 to 5 representative papers or major publications, and a list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
Contact: Ms. Zhou
For further questions, you can email Central Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Education
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly