Postdoc Research Fellow in Civil/Structural Engineering
About the position
The position is affiliated with the Group of Structures led by Prof. Zhao and Prof. Shu. The position requires training and expertise in structures engineering.
The major research interest including but not limited to:
- The application of photogrammetric, laser scanning and deep learning method in structural health monitoring.
- Precast concrete structures and composite structures
- Industrialized construction techniques (e.g. robot automation) in concrete structures
- Structural performance under fire and/or explosion
A postdoctoral research fellowship is a qualification position in which the main objective is a qualification for work in academic positions. The prospective candidate is expected to have background in one of the following areas:
- Structural engineering, concrete structures and composite structures
- Building information modelling; information technologies for construction, structural; and intelligent automation of construction.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: basic programming skills in functional and/or object oriented languages, preferably in Python, C++, signal/image processing, computer vision; robotics.
About the university and the college
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of China’s top higher education institutions, as well as one of its oldest; its roots can be traced back to 1897 and the founding of the Qiushi Academy. Located in Hangzhou – one of China’s most picturesque cities – the University is organized across seven faculties and 36 schools. It is home to 3,611 full-time faculty members, including 41 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. ZJU has 53,673 students, over 53% of whom are postgraduate students. Laying claim to several areas of research strength, ZJU currently ranks among the top 3 on the Chinese mainland and within the top 100 in the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings and QS World University Rankings. Eighteen disciplines of ZJU have been selected for China’s “Double First-class” Initiative (3rd in China) and 39 disciplines graded A in the recent national assessment (1st in China).
College of Civil Engineering and Architecture is composed of the Civil Engineering Department, Architecture Department, Regional and Urban Planning Department, and Hydraulic Engineering Department as well as 17 research institutes (centers). We have doctoral programs in four first-level subjects; a master's degree program in one first-level subject, six programs of professional master degrees. Our research group have wide collaboration with leading universities in Civil Engineering such as TU Delft, EPFL, Stanford University and UC Berkeley.
- 2-4 years fixed contract with the annual salary up to RMB350, 000 yuan (around 50,000 USD)
- University apartment available for rent
- Financial support for attending conferences
- Reward for research output
- Postdoctoral research fellows who have been in the position for 3 years or above have the opportunity to apply for faculty positions.
Please submit your CV (including your academic experience and publications) to email@example.com, with the subject “application for postdoctoral research fellows+name”.
Information of the department and the supervisor