Research Assistant, Data Collection
Social Service Research Centre (SSR) at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS), would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a full‐time position as Research Assistant (Data Collection). The appointment will be for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
Since April 2015, SSR has been creating change through impactful social service research and capability development. We are dedicated to promote and test social innovations and help evolve a new social service infrastructure for Singapore's next phase of social development. As the only entity dedicated to research on social interventions in Singapore, SSR is the focal point of rigorous applied research, working in tandem with social service leaders in government, civil society, and private philanthropic institutions to critic, test-bed and facilitate large-scale, community-based service innovations through a variety of methods including programme evaluation and social analytics.
The Research Assistant will join a multi-Agency national longitudinal research project. The project focuses on the rehabilitation and reintegration of youth in Singapore. The target sample is youth offenders and youth at risk. The study will examine the interaction between developmental and environmental factors with regard to offending and investigate the influence of these factors on successful rehabilitation and reintegration of youth into society.
He/She will serve as the crucial link between the study and its participants, and be in charge of recruiting and interviewing participants for the study. His/Her responsibilities include:
- Arrange and conduct interviews with participants
- Build rapport and maintain contact with participants for annual interviews
- Provide feedback on interview sessions with participants
- Meticulously maintain and collate records of contact with participants and data collected
- Innovate to improve processes within the study, particularly in recruitment and data collection
- Contribute to preparing interview questions
- Contribute to preparing data for analysis
- Contribute in preparing findings for dissemination in multiple formats (e.g., PowerPoint, infographics, video)
The candidate should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree and above in relevant areas
- Able to communicate effectively and build rapport with individuals from different backgrounds
- Able to work flexible work hours – i.e. outside of regular office hours (e.g. evenings and weekends)
- Able to work independently and autonomously with participants in recruitment and interviews
- Dynamic, resourceful, and able to work independently but also as a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly in Excel and Powerpoint)
Interested applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- A writing sample (Published paper, thesis or research article)
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees