Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry
5 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for 1 postdoc position with immediate effect in the Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension 1-2 years.
Purpose of the post
Membrane transporters regulate the transport of nutrients through cell membrane. Our lab discovered Mfsd2b as the transporter for S1P in HSC cells (Nature, 2017, JBC 2020, Nat Comms 2021). Our recent work also identified Mfsd7c as a putative transporter at the blood brain barrier (Kalailingam et al., JCI, May 2020). The current projects focus on understandings the molecular and physiological roles of Mfsd7c in mouse models and cell culture models. The ultimate goal is to understand how nutrients are transported into the brain via Mfsd7c.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The postdoc candidate will lead research projects in which he or she will work with the PI to study the physiological impacts of Mfsd7c in cells/animals physiology. The postdoc candidate will be able to:
- Independently lead research projects with experience in mouse work. Design and Perform experiments, interpret the data, and write papers. Assist with any other duties such as training junior lab members. Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
The applicant should hold a PhD with strong interests and experiences in medical research field. Experiences should include the follows but not limited to:
- Strong research interests in biochemistry.
- Experience in working with knockout mouse models is important.
- Experience with gene expression in common cell lines and primary murine cells.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques is preferred such as molecular cloning, protein expression/purification, immunoprecipitation, Western blots.
We offer a highly competitive research environment with state-of-the-art technology for career development. Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to principle investigator Dr. Long Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application including a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations) and full contacts of 3 referees to:
Dr. Long Nguyen
MD7, Department of Biochemistry,
8 Medical Drive Singapore 117597
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9651