Research Associate, Institute of Operations Research and Analytics
- Full Time
Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA) at National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate to work on and manage analytics projects with our industry partners/funding agencies. The projects aim to develop new analytics tools utilizing unique datasets and research and experimental development on machine learning techniques. A major part of this role will be focusing on research relating to food supply chain.
Your project management and technical skills are the foundation of this role as you will be working within multidisciplinary and international project team of leading researchers. As an important and integral member of our research team, you will be managing some of our industry projects and working closely with faculty members, research scientists, and PhD students. Your business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a requirement to thrive in a multi-functional leadership team.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related disciplines with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data
- Candidate must be able to work with fast moving, “hands-on”, results-oriented environments.
- He/ she will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas and models
- Experience in managing research projects
- Solid programming and application development
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills an ability to work in a collaborative team environment