Research Associate/Assistant, Climate Change Law and Policy
Applications are invited for a Research Associate/Assistant in the Centre for International Law, National University of Singapore.
The Research Associate/Assistant will join the CIL Climate Change Law and Policy team to:-
- research on the legal and policy issues related to climate change, including
- developments post COP26 (Nov 2021) discussions eg on international carbon market mechanisms, global stock take and common time frames
- their interaction with other public international law disciplines (such as law of the sea, trade and investment and human rights) and other aspects of domestic and international policy
- prepare policy papers on climate change law and regulations in relation to international law
- assist in planning and organising conferences, workshops, training courses, seminars as well as drafting and publishing post-event output such as reports and background papers
- assist with updating project website and other social media platforms
- other duties as may be assigned
The position offers opportunities to work on evolving areas of regional and global importance with international and regional experts in a cross-disciplinary environment.
CIL is seeking applications from candidates who minimally, possess an LLB/JD with a background with public international law. Candidates with an LL.M. in public international law / environmental or climate law and prior work experience of between 1 to 3 years of experience are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate would possess strong research, analytical and writing skills as well as communication and inter-personal skills.
Application Procedure and Process
Interested applicants are invited to apply online or email to Ms Tan Cher Ling (email@example.com) with the following by 14 Novemeber 2021 :
- a covering letter;
- a detailed curriculum vitae and a short statement of research interests;
- 2 samples of written work;
- names/contact information of two referees;
For more information, please visit: CIL website.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted no later than 14 December 2021.
About the Centre
The Centre for International Law (CIL) was established in 2009 as a university-level research institute at National University of Singapore (NUS). It is located on the Bukit Timah Campus of NUS, together with the Faculty of Law. As a university-level research institute, CIL is expected to engage in multi-disciplinary research as well as legal research. CIL provides a lively and congenial work environment and the opportunity to engage with experts in different aspects of public international law.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Centre for International Law
Department : Centre for International Law
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8617