Professor in Finance or Financial Technology
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit a high calibre researcher with a proven record in Finance or Financial Technology!
You will be expected:
- To provide leadership of research that contributes to the enhancement of publications in the department of finance, accounting and economics;
- To lead and support the development of new research projects as principal investigator and as a collaborator from conception to of research grant application to project completion;
- To lead research and collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions and external bodies;
- To supervise PhD students, research fellows and enhance the quality of research degree programmes;
- To contribute to both UG and PG teaching programmes through course development and teaching;
- To provide support to leadership at both departmental and school levels and participate in committees;
- To strengthen external research networks for the department and enhance its reputation in China and internationally.
- You should be PhD qualified;
- You should have a proven ability to plan and lead the delivery of research and teaching programmes;
- You should have an extensive track record of publishing in top-tier international journals in finance, financial technology or closely related areas;
- You should have strong evidence of attracting research funding and/or leading research projects;
- You should have a proven ability to mentor junior researchers, strong research networking and preferably editorial experiences at leading international journals.
- You will be willing to work in the multicultural environment of UNNC and passionate to explore research opportunities in China.
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to 8,000 students in just 16 years. It complements the other University of Nottingham campuses in the UK and Malaysia.
A key component of UNNC, NUBS China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School (NUBS), awarding the same internationally recognized degrees offered by the University of Nottingham. In operation for over 15 years, NUBS China currently has approximately 3,000 students with around 400 enrolled in postgraduate programmes including a 100 strong PhD programme. It has a rapidly expanding international faculty of over 100, based in Ningbo China and coming from over 25 countries and regions. The school is EQUIS accredited and currently going through the final stage of AASCB accreditation. It is part of a highly rated university that is seeking to improve further its ranking among the world’s top research and teaching universities. NUBS China focuses its efforts on three I’s: International, Innovative, and Interactive. NUBS China has rapidly progressed to its current focus on high impact research, customized executive education, and high-quality teaching.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
This is a permanent post with a renewable fixed term initial contract of up to 5 years from September 2021 or as soon thereafter as possible. This contract can be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement. We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. You will have access to a range of benefits and rewards, including accommodation allowance, insurances, and schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. An eligible successful candidate will be invited to apply for key talent projects in China in priority with reward of research funding and opportunities from Government.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system at:
Only on-line applications made at http://job.nottingham.edu.cn will be accepted. Normally, referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding this role may be addressed to Dr. Wei Huang, Department Head of Finance, Accounting and Economics (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Martin Lockett, Dean of NUBS China (email: email@example.com).If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.