Assistant/Associate Professor in Management Accounting and AIS
- Full Time
As part of its strategy, the College of Business and Economics (CBE) at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) seeks to appoint a highly motivated academic for a full-time position as Assistant/Associate Professor in Management Accounting and AIS in the Department of Accounting and Finance starting August 2022. The candidate is expected to engage actively in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the CBE at UAE University. The Accounting and Finance Department is reputable for excellence in accounting and finance education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Accounting (with emphasis on management accounting and accounting information systems, with significant leaning towards the emerging component elements of 4IR and the digital economy such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/big data science, etc.);
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading Accounting journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in Accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE. All enquiries about this job may be directed to Dr. Mayada Youssef (Mayada_Youssef@uaeu.ac.ae), Chair of the Accounting and Finance Department.
- Earned PhD degree in Accounting from an internationally recognized university with emphasis on management accounting and/or accounting information systems, preferably with additional qualification in one of the component areas of 4IR and the digital economy (such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/data science, etc.);
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching management accounting and/or accounting information systems at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading Accounting journals;
- Mastering computer skills especially accounting and data analytics related software;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with experience, strong research and publication record in management accounting and accounting information systems. Professional certification (such as a Certified Management Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and Certified Information Systems Auditor) is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicant Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Accounting and Finance-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty