Lecturer in Programming and Computer Science
Department Department of Computer Systems and Communications – Faculty of Informatics
Deadline 28 Feb 2022
Start date 1 September 2022 / By mutual agreement
Job type full-time | part-time
Job field Science and research
Dean of the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University announces an open competition for the positions:
Lecturers in Programming and Computer Science
Number of open positions: 2 for full-time / part-time employment is possible
Working Hours: full-time (40 hours per week), part-time (at least 20 hours per week)
Expected start: 1 September 2022 / By mutual agreement
Salary: CZK 58 000/month
Job Description Keypoints
- Tutoring of programming and programming skills in various programming languages and paradigms at Bachelor’s and Master’s degree levels with possible extension to software engineering and/or cybersecurity.
- Preparing, running and coordinating hands-on seminars as part of the teaching duties.
- Development and support of a homework assignment submission and auto-grading system.
- Taking part in preparation, realization, and evaluation of exams.
- Continuous improvement of personal teaching skills.
The successful candidate must have
- a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related discipline;
- a passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
- a programming experience, preferably in several programming languages and paradigms;
- existing experience with teaching of programming skills or programming languages;
- an ability to work well as a team member or leader;
- fluent Czech or Slovak language skills.
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application below. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission.
Further information is available:
In April 2021 the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, successfully completed the Initial Phase and has been successfully certificated by the European Commission. In line with its commitment to involve, in area of human resources, the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, the Faculty has been constantly working on HR Excellence in Research Award (HRS4R).