Research Fellow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
3 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow specialising in the analysis of immune cells/tissues from human fetal and adult samples (blood and tissues), in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The successful candidate would work in the Translational Immunology Institute, SingHealth and Duke NUS, where the Principal Investigator (Professor Ginhoux) holds an Adjunct Associate Professor position. The appointment will be on a 12-month contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure successful research outcomes. The successful candidate’s duties will include but are not limited to analyses of immune cells/tissues from human fetal and adult samples (blood and tissues).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will undertake research aimed at better understanding the fetal immune system and its unique biology compared to the adult immune system. The research fellow would be able to:
- Be adept in immunological technologies as well as single cell RNA-seq pipelines and analysis (basic bioinformatic level)
- Lead and work independently to ensure the smooth day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should minimally possess the following:
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences/ Immunology
- Strong background in immunological technologies as well as single cell RNA-seq pipelines and analysis (basic bioinformatic level)
- Expertise in flow cytometry and/or mass cytometry is required
- Team player and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and strong (written and spoken) English communication skills
Please submit your application supported by a detailed CV (indicating current/expected salary, including personal particulars, academic and employment history, and complete list of publications/oral presentations, information on years of experience in research & laboratory work and full contact information of 3 referees)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No