Animal Genetics & Breeding Unit (AGBU)
- 3 year Executive Contract
- Up to 17% employer superannuation.
- Salary packaging options are available.
- Applicants must have full time work rights for the term of the contract.
Initiated in 1976, the Animal Genetics & Breeding Unit (AGBU), is an unincorporated joint venture of the University of New England (UNE) and NSW Department of Primary Industries. The unit carries out research and development in genetic improvement for agricultural industries and is Australian agriculture’s leading genetic evaluation systems research group. The unit develops and delivers improvements in genetic evaluation systems, used, to increase the economic value to industry (collectively) and individual producers, from investing in genetic improvement.
The University of New England in Armidale, Australia boasts an excellent national and international reputation being a leader in research and academic innovation that has industry impact. We aim to foster a constructive and engaged culture where creative ideas and innovation thrive.
About the role
An exciting opportunity, to join the AGBU team as Deputy Director, has become available. In this position, the incumbent will support the Director and the AGBU leadership team by providing high level operational leadership across a range of projects and planning activities, and contribute to the effective delivery of AGBU’s Strategic Plan.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and/or extensive experience in one or more of the following: facilities management services; operational building services; service delivery; contract and emergency management
- Senior management skills including resource management, budgetary control and the ability to effectively supervise building teams and develop business cases for the senior executive.
- Demonstrated track record in contract management, with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to guide, coach and manage staff in a complex and dynamic environment
- Proven capacity to produce effective outcomes in a high-pressure environment.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights, all for a fraction of the price you’d expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England countryside on a rural property. To find out more visit www.experiencethehighs.com.au.
Enquiries and additional information
To discuss this role please contact Dr Steve Miller, Director, AGBU on phone: (02) 6773 3479, email: email@example.com.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 30 January 2022
Reference No: 221304
For further information about this position, and to submit an application, please visit the UNE Jobs website at www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une and go to vacancy 221304.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.