Associate Advisor, Strategic Ventures
- Full time, 12 month fixed term opportunity for an Associate Advisor, Strategic Ventures to join the University's Strategy Portfolio
- Provide advice, logistic and research support in the establishment of new initiatives
- $97,975 base salary + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting growth and development within our Strategy Portfolio, striving to achieve a high-impact and integrated service offering in line with the University's strategy. As a result, we are seeking a consultative Associate Advisor to join the Strategic Ventures team. In this role, you will be providing operational, analytical and coordination support to project leads and senior advisors. As the Associate Advisor, you will support university-wide strategy planning, commercial and M&A deals, innovation and transformation programs. Your keen interest in driving collaboration is key as you will be managing multiple workstream stakeholders, strategy work and communications to assist with strategic initiatives of the university.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work closely with Senior Advisors providing support to the concept development, design and evaluation
- assist with the development of plans, timelines and communication frameworks aligned to strategic initiatives and partnerships
- support the reporting aspect of the area including preparing material, reports and investment papers for the University Executive, Senate and other decision making bodies
- undertake needs analysis and assist with the delivery of key research, interpretations of data and contextualised insights in relation to strategies and business cases
- partner with multiple project stakeholders (OGC, Finance, Research, Education, External Relations) and external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and on-going understanding of key requirements.
- working experience as an Associate Advisor (or similar) either within a large and complex organisation (government and higher education experience is desirable) or from a consulting background
- proven experience project managing multiple work streams or working in large complex projects
- highly developed consulting skills as you will be managing a diversified internal and external stakeholder base
- excellent administrative and report writing skills
- flexibility in their organisation and planning skills to balance competing agendas and demands in a fast paced environment
- outstanding presentation and communication skills to deliver messaging on a variety of channels to varied audiences
- an agile and flexible approach that is able to pivot and contribute to overall team success.
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 9 January 2022 inclusive.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Nayomi Siriwardane, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.