Postdoctoral Research Fellow, DARE Training Centre
- Opportunity to advance your research career with world-class data scientists
- Located at the DARE ARC Training Centre, on the Darlington Campus
- Full time, Level A/B fixed term, 2.5 years, offering a base salary of $95K - $110K p.a., plus leave loading and generous employer's contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Funded by the ARC Industrial Transformation Research Program, the DARE Training Centre is a group of multi-disciplinary, world-class data scientists. We are working to develop and apply data science methodologies for the stewardship of Australia's natural resources, with water, minerals and biodiversity as the three pillars of research. These methodologies will focus on the quantification of uncertainty in complex models of natural systems at scale.
We are currently seeking a postdoctoral research associate to join the team and work towards meeting the DARE objectives. In addition, you will be provided with opportunities to pursue your own research interests, grants and fellowships whilst working alongside some of Australia's best data scientists, industry partners and government agencies.
For more information on DARE, please click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD in statistics, applied maths, engineering, machine learning or a related discipline
- experience in one or more modern programming languages (Python, modern C++ or R),
- skill in mathematical and computational modelling of complex systems and statistics/machine Learning
- Bayesian methodology and computation experience
- a proven track record of developing a network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders as well as a willingness to participate in and/or present at conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required
- prior experience in the co-supervision of HDR students including mentoring, teaching, assessment and feedback will be highly regarded
To apply for this position, please address the above criteria in a cover letter which you should attach to your application.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, Sunday 23 January 2022
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 9 January 2022 inclusive.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is only available for this position for candidates who are currently located within Australia.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rebecca Astar or Linden Joseph, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.