Senior Teaching Fellow/Teaching Fellow
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate engineering design educator who relishes the opportunity to join our learning and teaching function as an academic in delivering an innovative, relevant and inclusive curriculum. In particular, we are looking for individuals who have qualifications and experience in Mechanical, Product Design and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
Traditional lectures are replaced by project work, supported by our unique Learning Tree – a key component of our bespoke Virtual Learning Environment. The vast majority of our learning outcomes are achieved through these real-life projects which are being designed and co-delivered with industry partners. All our academics act as coaches and mentors, facilitating master classes, pop-up tutorials and workshops. You will work collaboratively alongside your fellow academics and the wider TEDI-London team to facilitate this – coaching the coaches as well as the students.
Please be sure to download the Job Pack for this role, which contains further information about the role. The Recruiting Manager, Kay Bond will be discussing this role in an Eventbrite Online Drop In where there will also be a virtual campus tour. Please note this is not mandatory, is not part of the selection process and will not be recorded.
As Senior Teaching Fellow/Teaching Fellow, you will have:
Skills and Knowledge
- A passion for engineering education and for identifying new and innovative approaches of impactful delivery with the ability to embed these into the curriculum.
- A proven track record in facilitation and team development, with an excellent working knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Demonstrable competency in training students in the use of all aspects of SolidWorks including
SolidWorks Add-ins such as Motion, Simulation and CAM.
- Successful experience of teaching – using online and innovative methods.
- The ability to teach a diverse cohort of students with a broad range of backgrounds.
- Experience of project-based learning – with an understanding of sustainable development goals and social awareness.
- The ability to contribute to programme validation, accreditation and/or quality assurance.
Qualifications/ Professional Memberships
- A first degree and a PhD (or equivalent).
- Membership of professional engineering body and/or impactful role within an external organisation related to engineering.
- Fellowship of the HEA or working towards
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
In a start-up, each day really is different. We work collaboratively at TEDI-London on big decisions, but also need individuals that take initiative and have the skills and experience to manage their own work areas. We are a start-up with huge ambition, but you should not expect to join an organisation with all the answers, and everything mapped out. That is what we need you for, to be part of our journey.
You will not have a huge team and infrastructure in place. One day you might be writing a strategy or paper for the board – another you might be proofreading a letter. You will relish the chance to be in a new organisation with a world of possibilities where you can genuinely see the value that you add on a daily basis. The team you work with will be from different functions and levels – all united in one goal -to make TEDI-London a success.
Additional ways for candidates to engage directly with recruiting managers and members of our wider TEDI-London team have been incorporated into the recruitment process to ensure a smooth and engaging candidate experience.
Please note: our interviews will be facilitated using Zoom or Microsoft Teams. We understand that this is an unusual time and that interviewing in different environments can be difficult. We have all experienced internet disruptions, background noise etc. and we want to assure you such issues will not impact upon the outcome of your interview.