Health and Safety Business Partner
The Health and Safety Business Partner will provide professional, frontline health and safety services across all areas, as part of a team including topic specialists.
The post-holder will be the Business Partner for a specific area of the University.
- Manage quality and regulatory audit process for health and safety services over-arching systems and procedures.
- Work with team members, stakeholders and Trade Union representatives to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Contribute to operational leadership teams and decision making to shape the nature and level of support services.
- Provide professional guidance to stakeholders regarding health and safety.
- Lead and deliver professional development and support initiatives that would apply across the University.
- Produce communications for promoting health and safety, and providing regular reports to key stakeholders and committees, designing and structuring information and facts, applying creative and innovative principles to influence and engage.
- Deliver professional expertise with Health and Safety Executive investigations; making recommendations and identifying priorities to develop business plans and achieve business outcomes and objectives.
- Maintain an oversight of the service and performance metrics to provide reports for higher level managers and committees.
- Represent the Health and Safety Service at a wide range of meetings and committees.
- Develop external relations and networks, identify and develop opportunities for communities of practice, employers, alumni and donors via extra-curricular activities and increased levels of participation.
- Provide or coordinate occupational hygiene monitoring, as required.
- Receive information on, and investigate, incidents and accidents, formulating and implementing any follow-up actions.
- Undertake risk assessments and health and safety inspections.
- Resolve health and safety matters, with minimal direct oversight.
- Any other reasonable duties.