To provide high quality research support and undertake competitive research and development aimed at reporting to the Executive Affair Authority (EAA) thereby contributing to the academic and research translation mission of the University.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage equipment and pilots related to the Executive Affair Authority (EAA) project led by Khalifa University on airborne water generation (AWG). The platform developed during this project will involve experimental design, pilot operation and maintenance and modelling of data.
The research engineer will engage actively to acquire new and unique skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career (if relevant).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the acquisition of data from the airborne water generation platform
- Facilitate acquisition, organize and storage of data
- Support operational schedules and manage other staff involved
- Develop predictive models based on the performance acquired for the pilot and benchtop units
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigators (Dr. Samuel Mao, Dr. Nicolas Calvet, Dr. Ludovic Dumee).
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the reporting and dissemination of the results, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigators.
- Support the Principal Investigators, project manager and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
- In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some undergraduate students and staff working in the research group and the project.
- He/she will also provide training to new comers in material synthesis, characterization and testing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ms in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Expertise in the environmental science, water and chemical engineering.
- Ability to work on tight schedules and manage complex data sets
- Candidate should be familiar with the basic techniques and data analysis related to water treatment operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- Ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
- Ability to work with team members and support students supervision
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Engineer
Job Type: Full-time