Research Associate, Department of Architecture
Research Associate (Department of Architecture)
The Research Associate will assist the programme directors of the MSc Integrated Sustainable Design programme with the following:
- Day-to-day management of the programme, such as the logistics of studios including online/hybrid learning, coordination of semester schedules, liaison and coordination with external parties, etc.
- Strategic initiatives relating to programme outreach, marketing, funding etc.
- Collation and analyses of studio work
- Prepare research for publication in various forms, such as academic papers, books, policy papers, etc. This includes writing, liaison with publishers, book designers, etc.
- Prepare/edit visual information – drawings, photographs for publications
- Disseminate/present research findings in various fora
- Studio-based teaching, approximately two afternoons a week during teaching semesters.
- Lectures on topics relating to studio research and industry practices
- Organize and conduct site visits
Candidates should have the following qualifications/experience:
- At least a Master’s degree, specializing in sustainability in the built environment
- Authored or co-authored publications on sustainability (books, magazine articles, journal papers, etc.)
- Experience in studio-based teaching in a tertiary institution. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of systems thinking as a pedagogy.
- Experience in the delivery of sustainable solutions in a professional setting. Preference will be given to candidates who have been directly involved in projects that are on the frontlines of sustainable design thinking in Singapore and Asia.