Post Doctoral Fellow
(Post Doctoral Fellow) -(
Post Doctoral Fellow
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct research activities that are aligned with the KU’s research strategies under the supervision of the lead professor in a team environment.
- To prepare and conduct chemical synthesis of nanomaterials
- To conduct materials characterization experiments by using a range of advanced instruments
- To conduct analysis involving water treatment, chemistry, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and various transport phenomenon
- To interpret the data in relation to water quality, mass and heat transfer, surface energy of the materials
- To write scientific document reporting the methods, results and discussion for publication
- To work harmoniously in a team environment with a helpful working attitude to students
- To help the lead Professor in laboratory house-keeping and basic maintenances
- To help the Masters and PhD students in the group on laboratory skills and functioning
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- Have good track record of quality journal publish as first author.
- Have demonstrated skills in nanomaterials synthesis and advanced characterization
- Have solid knowledge on water treatment, various transport phenomenon and interfacial surface energy of the materials
- Have knowledge on molecular dynamic simulations
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time