Post Doctoral Fellow, Polymer Electrolyte Membrane
(Post Doctoral Fellow)
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Post Doctoral Fellow experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
A Post Doctoral Fellow position is available at Khalifa University of Science and Technology (Abu Dhabi, UAE) under the project related to a low temperature Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) fuel cell modeling and control. The project will involve: (i) Development of a detailed non-linear model of the PEM fuel cell, particularly using the approaches to the modeling of complex electrical and thermo-dynamic components developed within the process control group of the Petroleum Institute; (ii) Development and design of the model-based control of PEM fuel cell system; (iii) Implementation of the complete system and experimental testing.
- Develop a detailed model of the fuel cell system and its auxiliary components; that takes into account the geometry of a fuel cell stack, other parameters of the cell and parameters of the auxiliary components;
- Development and design of a control system to protect the PEMFC and optimize its efficiency (including algorithms and computer programs);
- Program codes realizing the design control algorithms which lead to the control objectives;
- Design an experimental prototype of a PEM fuel cell system for a mobile (automotive) application;
- Develop real-time controllers for the fuel cell system;
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent application out of the project results;
- Support a Research Engineer in the procurement of fuel cell stack, auxiliary components and experimental set-up preparation;
- Support a Research Engineer in the assembly and installation of instruments;
- Assisting in supervising undergraduate/graduate students working on tasks relevant to the project.
Qualifications & Experience
- Interested candidates should have a PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, System Engineering or related discipline, expertise in process control (basic and advanced), modeling and simulation of complex thermodynamic processes, be able to work with hardware and conduct experiments, and demonstrate expertise in control system applications.
- Candidates are expected to have experience in modeling and simulation of complex electro-thermodynamic processes using Matlab/Simulink and in fuel cell modeling and control in particular, be able to work with hardware and conduct experiments.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time