Research Development Manager
Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary package: $115,689 - $121,216 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full-time, Continuing
- Apply your strong interest in the dynamic and growing field of science of health and medicine
- Work with researchers to increase and diversify competitive research funding including cross-disciplinary and multi-institutional opportunities
- Use your excellent training, mentoring and leadership skills to make a difference
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages including 17% superannuation contributions; Christmas to New Year leave in addition to annual leave; salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, childcare and more
Staff in the ANU College of Health and Medicine are committed to solving problems through big picture and applied scientific research, and to improving health outcomes for people around the world. These inspiring ambitions are realised through our 3 Schools - the John Curtin School of Medical Research; the National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health; and, the School of Medicine, Psychology and Health Leadership – who work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, and partnership with the health sector at the local, national and international levels.
About the Role
The Research Development Manager (RDM) will work collaboratively with other RDMs working within each of the Schools across the College and, together with the Integrated Professional Services Hub to form a broader network of collegiality and community of practice.
The RDM will develop, nurture and maintain productive relationships and networks with researchers and other professional staff to support the development of research capabilities within the College and Schools. The RDM will organise and conduct training and development, provide mentoring to researchers (particularly early and mid-career academics), develop and implement research support and grant preparedness activities while fostering a collaborative research culture.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has a strong interest in the science field of health and medicine and is keen to play an influencing role in delivering high quality research management support across the College. Excellent administration and organisational skills, together with the ability to solve problems, exercise initiative, work independently and cooperatively as a team member are essential.
To be successful in the role, you must demonstrate:
- excellent management of complex stakeholder relationships by proactively consulting and engaging a range of people in a culturally diverse environment
- confident collaboration and partnership to synthesise different perspectives and translate new ideas into effective research solutions that support and achieve strategic priorities
- building relationships and maintaining a high level of customer service while proactively finding solutions to a range of complex issues
- leadership, direction, and mentorship in a high performing team
- skilful guidance of senior management and academic staff on complex research management matters through strategic advice, exercising sound judgement and expert support
- your experience and understanding of the breadth of research development practices in a complex environment.
If you have a passion for research development, a desire to be part of an exciting and innovative environment, and the drive to succeed in a leadership position, we would welcome an application from you.
For further information please contact Donelle Claudianos, CHM General Manager on T: (02) 6125 3887 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: 211213_FINAL DRAFT PD_NCEPH SMP_Research Development Managers_SM1.pdf
Closing Date: 30 January 2022
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant via: email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.