Post Doctoral Fellow, Emirates Nuclear Technology Cente
(Post Doctoral Fellow)
Post Doctoral Fellow
- To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The Emirates Nuclear Technology Center at Khalifa University is searching for a post-doctoral Research Associate (RA) to participate in a project conducting a safety analysis of design basis accident and design extension condition against experimental data from OECD-ATLAS project. This project is taking a thermal hydraulic analysis and a computational approach via lump code such as RELAP5/TRACE and CFD code such as ANSYS/STAR-CCM+ as well as a thermal-hydraulic experiment. Particular emphasis is for candidates with a background and interest in generating an input of safety analysis code and developing safety analysis code by implementing new models with the V&V procedure and conducting T-H experiments via designing and building test rig and measuring/analyzing data.
This is a two-year appointment (can be expended up to five years) at Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The position is within the area of Thermal-hydraulics, Safety analysis, System design of Nuclear Power plant. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi for the duration of the appointment, starting as soon as possible. Competitive salary + benefits are available.
For informal inquiries or further information on the position, please send an email to Dr. Ho Joon Yoon at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online for this position, visit www.ku.ac.ae, including a detailed CV, a motivation letter, and a list of 3 references.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work within a multi-university, multi-campus collaboration to investigate thermo-hydraulic phenomena through OECD-ATLAS project
- Generate transient input deck for RELAP5 and TRACE for relevant topics in ATLAS project.
- Revise and upgrade input deck for APR1400-KU
- Simulate local phenomena in ATLAS test facility via ANSYS/STAR-CCM+
- Produce training materials for SNAP, RELAP5, TRACE, and ANSYS/STAR-CCM+
- Work closely with and contribute to the training of graduate students working with the project
- Conduct a thermal-hydraulic experiment via designing, building test rig and measuring data
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. in nuclear physics, nuclear engineering or in a related field
- High motivation and a solid desire to actively participate in experiments as well as to propose and undertake initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills to work effectively within a scientifically diverse team
- Ability to successfully report and publish research results
The successful candidate must possess computational skill and experience, to support thermo-hydraulic investigation of nuclear power plant system, in at least one of the following areas:
- Safety analysis with Lump codes, such as:
- or -
- Safety analysis with Computational Fluidic Dynamics, such as:
- ANSYS/STAR-CCM+/ HPC software ( Linux, xCAT, etc)
- The experience of T-H experiment is also highly recommended.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time