Librarian (Information Management Strategy)
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- 15 Dec 2021
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Jan 2022
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Continuing | Full-time
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$81,377 - $86,765 pa
Library Coordinator (Information Management Strategy)
Under general to broad direction, the Librarian will provide skilled and experienced support within the Library to support the Research, Learning and Teaching activities of the University and the strategic goals of openness and equity in scholarly communication.
The Librarian will work in the Information Management Strategy Team and provide support for the management of Pure/ResearchNow (the digital repository of Flinders University Research). They will contribute to ensuring data integrity to meet international standards and Government legislative requirements e.g., ERA. The Librarian will provide expert advice and contribute to the workflows of the overall development of Research support within the Library.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Librarian (Information Management Strategy) will be accountable for:
- Providing high quality leadership support to the ResearchNow team, using agile principles.
- Under broad to general direction, creating and maintaining training materials for diverse learning environments, including face-to-face, online and blended.
- Contributing to the development of systems and processes required to support the activities of the ResearchNow team, such as Service One queries and troubleshooting complex queries.
- Contributing to a diverse range of the Library/University's information management projects and initiatives.
- Developing the skills and knowledge to communicate the value of the Research process and encouraging Open Access within the University.
- Providing administrative support including notetaking, preparing minutes and reports, and scheduling the work processes of the ResearchNow team.
- Supporting the day-to-day supervision of all members of the ResearchNow team.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor, Information Management team, Library executive and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- A relevant degree from a higher education institution, with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Relevant experience in an academic or research library including excellent digital literacy skills, and repository expertise.
- General to broad knowledge of contemporary standards and practices relevant to library operations.
- General to broad knowledge of trends, issues in scholarly communication.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgement to resolve complex problems, determine and prioritise tasks, attend to detail and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills in both face-to-face and online environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively within own team and with other teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-directed learner with openness to exploring new ideas and technologies.
- Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association would be highly regarded (desirable).
For further information regarding this position, please contact: Ms Marianne Gration
Prescribed Conditions of Employment:
If you are required to work in any capacity, incidental or not, in a health care setting or other setting identified within a government direction issued pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 2004 (SA) or Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 (NT) you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your vaccination as a condition of your employment.
Flinders University Closure Period:
Please be advised that Flinders University will be on mandated closure from Monday, 20 December 2021 until Friday, 7 January 2022. All enquires regarding vacancies during that time will be answered as soon as possible once staff are back on-site.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
12 Jan 2022