King’s College London’s vision is to make the world a better place.
Since our foundation in 1829, our students and staff have dedicated themselves in the service of society. Do you want to work somewhere committed to transforming the world through education, research and service? Want to be a leading part of a team that is focused on enhancing the skills and knowledge of its members?
This is a key role within the Analytics team focused on delivering insight and analysis to senior partners across King’s. You will use a range of techniques and tools across a variety of data sources to support statutory reporting and to provide engaging and insightful reports and data visualisations.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
The role holder will:
• Lead and manage multiple statutory returns, with the responsibility of meeting external deadlines
• Deliver insight and analysis using a range of data sources and tools to support key decision-making processes, strategic planning and performance monitoring.
• Work to ultimately reduce the burden of external data requirements for the institution through improvements to processes and data management
• Be confident in data wrangling, e.g. extracting, transforming, and combining data from a range of internal and external data sources.
• Produce creative, user-friendly, and engaging outputs
• Develop a detailed understanding of the reporting environment within the Higher Education sector and provide advice on the implications for internal business processes
• Be a subject matter expert in the use of one or more business intelligence and analysis tools, able to advise, teach and support other institutional users.
• To advise and support colleagues across the University in assessing the validity and integrity of data on corporate systems
• Continually develop technical expertise and skills in relation to new and existing software.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Education / qualification and training
• Able to use one or more business intelligence/analysis tools for example Power BI, Tableau, SQL, SSRS, R, Excel
Knowledge / skills
- Able to extract, transform and combine data from a range of sources.
- Able to deploy a range of techniques to analyse, interpret and problem solve using data
- Able to visualise data to convey the outcome of analysis
- Able to communicate the outcome of analysis verbally, in writing and via presentations
- Able to translate complex technical requirements, in writing and via presentations for non-specialist audiences
- Working with a range of different types and sources of data
- Working with a range of different stakeholders
Personal characteristics/other requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Lateral thinker
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Knowledge of higher education