APSA Executive Assistant
Work type: Fixed Term (Until December 2024)
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Arts
Department/School: School of Social and Political Sciences
Salary: $75,011 - $86,158 (UOM 5) pro rata for part time
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time (0.4 FTE) - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages people with diverse experiences to apply. This includes First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, Deaf and hard of hearing people, people with a disability, LGBTIQ+, and neurodiverse people. If you have any accessibility requirements for the application or interview, please contact us. We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. A position description is available in alternate formats if required, including USB, Large Print and Plain English.
The Faculty actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds and is committed to diversity and inclusion practices to achieve our vision.
About the Role
The APSA Executive Assistant position will provide high level support for the National Office of the Australian Political Studies Association (APSA), its President and Executive Committee and is the primary contact point for liaison with members.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Assist with the annual APSA conference conveners with all aspects of the Association’s requirements, including coordinating the Association’s annual prizes
- Manage the maintenance of the Association’s website and databases including an online registration and renewal system
- Liaise with the Treasurer and the Auditor with regards to all financial matters pertaining to incoming and outgoing funds of the association
You will be experienced in the provision of timely and efficient administrative and organisational support and use your time management and organisational skills to meet deadlines.
Ideally, you will further have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification and substantial relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant training and substantial work experience in the tertiary sector or in another complex organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to relate positively with a wide range of people from members to students to senior management
- Demonstrated success and experience in event coordination and management
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!
Position Description: 0048272_APSA EA_PD.pdf
Applications close: 17 Jan 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time