Senior Instructor - Engineering
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR – ENGINEERING
£27,526 - £29,584 per annum
SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College) is a widely respected higher education and further education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond.
An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
Are you a service engineer looking for a new challenge? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help consolidate and grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Barony Campus.
The successful candidate will have proven skills in the service, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of modern machines and have the ability to understand and operate a range of machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
Previous experience of instructing techniques is not essential as training will be provided to the successful candidate. Key responsibilities of the Instructor will include:
• Contributing to the delivery of education, training and assessment – focussed on a wide range of practical skills as well as classroom teaching
• Planning and preparing an engaging, inclusive learning experience to progress learning, working both independently and cooperatively with others where relevant
• Maintaining appropriate records of teaching, assessment and attendance and providing educational guidance, counselling and tutorials as required to students
• Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA requirements
• Ensuring compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching
• Working with the Programme Team Leader to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment
• Maintaining appropriate liaison with the land-based industries and ensuring that personal skills and qualifications are updated
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Robert Paterson, Programme Team Leader: Engineering by email email@example.com.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the link below.
For further information and to apply, please click the APPLY link.
Please note, interviews will be held on 4 February 2022.
Closing date: 28 January 2022
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046