Research Assistant, Research and Development
(Research Assistant) -(Research and Development)
To assist the Research engineer in the development of a model to reduce carbaon emissions over the lifecycle of product design incorporating industrial case studies. Understanding the different methods and tools used in analyzing the different lifecycle stages (Lifecycle analysis- LCA) of the product and their contribution to the overall emissions produced by the product, and developing carbon reduction options.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Be involved in research activities, review of literature and current approaches, preparation of reports, journal and conference manuscripts, compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting studies relevant to furthering the research project and industrial case studies. Maintaining effective and ethical communication with all participants. Maintaining computer software and data related to project.
- Coordinate with MS and PhD students
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD or a Masters Degree in any related Engineering Discipline (Industrial/Manufacturing, Engineering Management, Energy, Environmental, Mechanical, Computer) with knowledge and experience in diverse programming, simulation platforms and applications.
- Software programming skills (i.e. Matlab, Python, Simulation i.e. SimProcess)
- Knowledge and Experience with statistical and AI tools
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge on modeling tools and LCA tools (i.e. SimaPro)
- Knowledge of the literature on GHG emissions, climate change and carbon footprints.
- Early career publication record.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time